When you are looking to burn fat and lose weight, you might think of missing out on all the foods you should not eat, but there are number of foods you should eat to boost your metabolism and burn fat. Here are some natural fat burning foods that promote weight loss. You’ll fall in love with eating foods that will actually help you burn fat. By consuming thermogenic foods that contain certain nutrients and compounds, you can torch calories as you chew them.
8 Fat Burning Foods That Promote Weight Loss
1. Proteins: Lean meats have a high thermogenic effect. Your body burns 30% of the calories taken in with the food just by digesting and breaking the protein down. Eggs also help to build muscle and burn fat.
2. Green Tea: Green tea can help temporarily speed up your metabolism after you drink it. A study reported in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition reported that drinking more than four cups of green tea per day helped people lose over six pounds in eight weeks. A compound in Green tea (the EGCG) makes your body less able to store fat. Do not add sugar or drink sweetened teas.
3. Chili Peppers: The capsaicin found in chili peppers not only gives them their hot flavor but it also heats up your body, helping to melt away fat.
4. Navy beans: Beans and legumes help burn fat and regulate digestion. Navy beans in particular are a low-calorie, high-fiber, high-protein belly fat blaster. One half-cup serving provides nearly 10 grams of resistant starch, which is a powerful fat burner.
5. Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate is hardly a diet food, but some of the healthy fats in dark chocolate slow the absorption of sugar into the blood stream and can decrease potential for insulin resistance. A little dark chocolate (at least 70% cacao) makes a sensible dessert. The antioxidants may help prevent fat cells from accumulating in the body.
6. Almonds: You might be surprised that fatty, high calorie nuts can help actually help you to burn fat—and help you sleep better—due to their magnesium content. They also help fight inflammation. Almonds help build muscle and reduce cravings. One serving equals 22 almonds.
7. Grapefruit: Grapefruit helps to lower insulin (a hormone that causes fat storage), regulate blood sugar and help regulate metabolism. You’ll want to eat the white membranes as well. Eating half a grapefruit before each meal may help you lose up to one pound per week.
8. Pears: Put pears in your fruit bowl if you want to lose some pounds. One pear provides 15% of your daily recommended fiber intake. Pears can help you feel full and satisfied, preventing you from overeating. Be sure to eat the fiber-rich skin.
Of course, you are not going to burn fat by eating these fat burning foods alone. You have to approach fat burning and keeping the weight off with a healthy diet plan and exercise. For the most efficient fat burning exercises and diet, you can get started with the BeFit 30-Day Fat Burn Fitness System, designed to melt unwanted fat, shed unwanted weight and increase strength. It provides workout videos, nutritional guides and even tasty recipes to help you reach your fitness and health goals.