Let’s face it. Your back hurts. It takes you 10 minutes to loosen up when you get out of bed in the morning. You sit in the car and you cannot get comfortable or relieve lower back pain. All day long you try and stretch and twist but it is nagging and never goes away.
On top of that, you want to get help but your schedule is so hectic and barely leaves any time to solve the problem. We get it. Life is crazy and pain is depressing Lucky for all of us who suffer from lower back pain, there are three simple, easy to implement remedies for this pain.
- You suffer from low back pain
- You do not have a lot of time in the day
- Hectic schedule compounding problems on problems
- Training Economics
- The Low Back Fix
Training economics is a concept that simply means getting the most bang for your buck. If we think about sound training plans, we focus on a ton of concepts: structural balance, strength, power, conditioning, mobility, stability, neuromuscular training, and the list can go on forever. Some movements are good at one or two of these things. The theory behind training economics is that we want to pick movements and exercises that cover as many of these concepts as possible.
3 Ways to Relieve Lower Back Pain
These three movements have the largest carry over to helping you heal your low back pain.
90/90 Breathing Drill
- Lay on your back with your feet elevated on a chair or box.
- Gently dig your heels into the box to activate your hamstrings.
- Knees and hips should be at a 90-degree angle.
- Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. Four second breaths in and four seconds out. Focus on filling the belly and not the chest.
Benefits: Downregulation, sympathetic nervous system reset, brain body connection, and stress relief.
Total time: 3 minutes
- Lay on your back, knees up, feet flat on the floor, with your ribs down.
- Push through your heels until your hip full extend.
- Hold at the top and squeeze your butt for 3 seconds.
Benefits: Glute activation, core activation, brain body connection, downregulation, and strength.
Total Time: 4 Minutes
- Stand tall, shoulders back, ribs down, squeeze your glutes, and reach tall overhead.
- Reach as tall as you can by standing on your toes.
- Tighten each muscle group working your way up the body: Calves, glutes, abs, lats, shoulders.
- Breathe 10 seconds in, 10 seconds out, three times while maintaining full body tightness.
Benefits: Strength, neuromuscular training, stability, mobility, glute activation, and core activation.
Total time: 3 Minutes
Three exercises with a total of 10 minutes to complete them all. On top of all of this, you do not even need equipment. All of these can be done while you are catching up on some TV and hanging out with friends and family. Even better, turn it into a nightly event and make them do it with you.
The Low Back Fix is an online platform designed to empower people with the knowledge to help them live pain free and relieve lower back pain. For more information, please download the free eBook, by clicking here.