If you want a butt and legs that will look fabulous in swim suits and shorts, it is time to stop procrastinating and start lunging. I live in LA, where we are on a modified summer mode year-round, but even we need to kick it up a notch as summer approaches. Here are 3 lunge moves for a better butt and firmer legs.
Lunges are a staple of a toned and nicely shaped backside. Adding in these lunge moves will perk up a sagging tush and sculpt your thighs. The great part about them is you can do them anywhere—home, gym, outside, or in a hotel room when traveling.
3 Lunge Moves
Stepping Back Lunges
The stepping back lunge is a basic move that will bring that booty, high, round and tight. This is a great move to fix a flat butt caused by sitting at a desk all day. It opens up those hip flexors and activates those glutes.
- Start with feet together.
- Weight on left leg; keep weight in left heel.
- Move right leg straight back, onto right ball of foot. Left leg is at 90 degrees.
- Bring right leg back to start and repeat for 8 to 10 reps.
- Switch sides.
Do five sets of 8 to 10 reps with a 90-second break between each set three times per week. If you need some stability, use a pole, counter, or piece of furniture to help with balance. Strengthening your core and following an abdominal strengthening program will also help you with balance.
These lunge moves are a bikini model’s secret to a lifted, sculpted booty and sexy thighs that will also get you ready for greeting royalty if the situation ever presents itself!
This move works your inner thighs and your gluteus medius, the smaller butt muscle, which helps to stabilize the hips and improve posture.
- Start from standing,
- Step your left leg behind you and to the right so your thighs cross. Bend both knees as if you were curtsying. Make sure the right knee is aligned with your front ankle.
- Return to standing, and switch sides. That completes one rep.
- Do three sets of 12 to 15 reps.
Regular Lunge with a Leg Left
In this lunge move, you are going to alternate legs.
- Start from standing.
- Lunge one leg back, keeping weight on front heel.
- Lift back leg up, squeezing butt and pushing off front heel.
- Return to starting position and switch legs.
- Alternate legs, doing 30 in total.
This is another great move for fixing a flat butt and getting that nicely rounded backside.
What’s that? You say you have knee problems? You can still do lunges. Just take it SLOWWW and don’t lunge too deeply. Reverse lunges are a better bet for your knees. If you need stability in the beginning when doing these exercises you can hold a pole or piece of furniture. You can always modify a move to prevent injury.
This is just a beginning of some lunge moves for a better butt. You can find many more lunges, squats, and other fitness moves and tips to promote that bubble butt and nice booty in the BeFit 30 Day Butt Lift program. Join me in taking you through the moves to get that backside swimsuit ready. Following a structured program can help you really target a problem area, getting results by attacking it through diet and exercise. Doing all the lunge moves in the world won’t get you the results you desire if you are chasing them with doughnuts! Following a fat burning program and one for abs will also help give you that bikini body and booty you crave.