This guilt-free, gluten-free muffin recipe is tasty AND healthy. Packed with nutrients, healthy fats and natural sweetener, you can whip up a batch in 35 minutes and feast on a satisfying treat. Here’s how:
Gluten-Free Chocolate-Banana Chia Seed Muffins
Minutes to Prepare: 15
Minutes to Bake: 20
Number of Servings: 12
- 1 ¾ cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons of chia seeds
- ½ cup diced pitted dates, about 7 dates (much easier to dice when they’re cold)
- 4 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 4 Tablespoons whole unsweetened yogurt
- 1/3 cup 100% pure maple syrup, honey, or coconut nectar syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup BeFit Whey Protein – Chocolate Flavor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda, salt and 2 Tablespoons chia seeds. Add dates and break up pieces so they don’t stick together.
- In a blender, combine coconut oil, whey protein, yogurt, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla.
- Pour wet mixture into bowl with dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold mashed bananas into the mixture.
- Divide the batter into the prepared pan (Using an ice cream scoop makes this job much easier).
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.