A squat is one of the best exercises for sculpting your lower body and butt. These exercises and their variations will target not just your glutes but also your quads, hamstrings and calves for an overall nice bum and surrounding area. Here are three of my favorite squat moves for a tighter butt.
3 Squat Moves for a Tighter Butt
Squat with Kick-Back
This powerhouse move will tone that tush, targeting your glutes, quads and hamstrings! This move incorporates a squat with alternating leg kick-back behind you. It is also great if you are trying to round out a flat butt.
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart
- Sit back into a squat, bringing arms up and hands to the chin. Remember to keep you weight in the heel.
- Then extend your leg straight behind you while you bring your arms forward. Keep hips square without twisting.
- Return to the squat positions and repeat extension with the opposite leg.
- Alternate squats and sides for one minute.
This squat move targets that area behind your bum and the lower part of your hips. Get it toned and lifted for swimsuit season or to avoid that underwear spillover. Grab a towel, and do this move on a smooth, hard floor.
- Fold a towel
- Stand with feet together, placing your right foot entirely on the towel.
- With your weight on the left leg, slowly slide the right leg and towel out to the right. Your left knee should bend at a 45- to 90-degree angle.
- Slowly bring the leg back to starting position.
- Work each side for 30 seconds.
When you do these moves, bend your elbows, keeping your fists together by your chin. Your inner thigh will also reap the benefit of this squat move.
When you do not have a lot of time, you can fit in a quickie butt workout with big results by doing dumbbell squats. These basic squat moves for a tighter butt may be simple but powerful. You’ll need weights, about 8 to 10 pounds. Over time, increase the weight.
- You’ll start with your feet shoulder-width apart with dumbbells by your thighs.
- Squat down (like you are going to sit in a chair), keeping weight over your heels, bending knees to 90 degrees.
- Squeeze the glutes as you return to your starting position.
- Do 15 to 20 reps.
You can do these moves at home or in the gym. For more squat moves and a greater variety of bootylicious exercises to tighten, tone, and firm that backside, you can look into the BeFit 30 Day Butt Lift program. You can do these moves at home or even on the go. Following this plan will help you burn fat and have your butt looking firmer and higher in just a month. The 30-day program offers a workout calendar, guide, nutrition advice, and recipes in addition to 10 butt-shaping workouts that can’t be beat. Just imagine how good your backside is going to look!